Alternatives for Polystyrene
When businesses or just ordinary people hear about our project, they say something along the lines “Well, what can we use that’s not polystyrene?”
Here’s your answer:
- The most obvious one: Bring your own containers!
- Corn plastic containers
- Bagasse containers (bagasse is a byproduct of sugar cane production)
- Compostable paper containers
Thousands of products are listed on Biodegradable Products Institute Catalog along with many, many more. Take a look!
To order products, go to these sites or ask your local businesses to carry them:
- Biodegradable Store (Colorado)
- Green Home Environmental Store (California)
- Green Paper Products (Ohio)
- FoodBizSupply (New York)